At night or when power production is low and load use is high, the Sunny Island provides power from the battery bank.
In the morning, the batteries are recharged and the cycle begins anew until the grid power returns. If the grid-tie inverter has a 240
VAC output, a backup system will require two Sunny Island inverters or one inverter and an autotransformer.
The Sunny Island 5048U also helps to optimize the overall life of the batteries through its advanced battery management system. The Sunny Island can also be utilized as a back-up system in gridtied applications. Its seamless transfer allows existing Sunny Boy inverters to be utilized during daytime grid outages. The Sunny Island 5048U is an extremely robust and sophisticated unit providing both off-grid and backup users with the highest quality available in the industry today.* Certified to the new UL 1741 / UL 1998 standards
* 5-year warranty
* Suitable for systems from 3 kW to 26 kW
* AC coupling of all energy sources
* DC coupling with optional equipment
* 1, 3 and split-phase, connectable in parallel
* Excellent overload characteristics for motor starting
* Long battery service life due to optimum battery management system
* Memory card